NYSDOL Mold Course Descriptions
EEA’s Mold Course & Training Descriptions
Learn more about the mold courses and trainings offered by Environmental Education Associates, available online across New York State. Review our various NYSDOL mold courses, and contact us with any questions or register for your course today. Additional resources are also available.
- 36 Hours — This combination course incorporated multiple certifications into the same presentations whereby attendees will complete the supervisor/contractor training and exam, followed immediately by the assessor training and exam. The remediation contractor and abatement worker-supervisor certification is required for those who shall engage in or supervise mold remediation activities. The assessor is designed for building specialists, environmental consultants and other professionals who will investigate and design remediation solutions for mold contamination.
- Includes an introduction to indoor air quality, health effects, regulations and guidelines, assessment, sampling and analysis practices, preparing mold remediation plans, remediation techniques and post-remediation assessment and clearance as well as extensive hands-on application of assessment and remediation skills.
- 32 Hours — For building specialists, environmental consultants and other professionals who will investigate and design remediation solutions for mold contamination. Includes an introduction to indoor air quality, health effects, regulations and guidelines, assessment, sampling and analysis practices, preparing mold remediation plans, remediation techniques and post remediation assessment and clearance.
- 24 Hours — For contractors and worker-supervisors who shall engage in or supervise mold remediation activities. Includes health effects, regulations, guidelines, remediation work plans, engineering controls, abatement practices, worker protection and clearance testing. Attendees will gain practical knowledge of mold remediation methods, including containment preparation, work practices for removing and treating mold and post-remediation clean-up techniques.
- 16 Hours — For workers, remediation personnel and other individuals who intend to conduct mold abatement and are employed by a licensed mold remediation contractor. Includes an introduction to indoor air quality, health effects, personal protective equipment, and state-of-the-art mold remediation techniques.
- 16 Horas– Para los trabajadores de remediación y otras personas que tengan la intención de llevar a cabo la reducción de molde y son empleados por un contratista con licencia de eliminación de moho. Incluye una introducción a la calidad del aire interior, efectos sobre la salud, equipo de protección personal, y de las técnicas de remediación de moho avanzadas.
- 7 Hours — For familiarizing facility operations and maintenance personnel with current practices in mold contamination control. Includes mold basics and an introduction to mold assessment, remediation and abatement procedures. Not for those intending to obtain a NYSDOL license.
- 4 Hours — All mold certificates must be renewed every two years under NYSDOL requirements. This course will cover techniques previously earned and must be completed before your certification expires.
Start Earning Your Certification Today
Contact Environmental Education Associates today with any questions about our NYSDOL-approved mold courses. Register for your class today and become certified (or re-certified) in handling mold identification and abatement.