Our Course Descriptions
Learn More About the Environmental Courses That We Offer
At Environmental Education Associates, we offer a series of environmental courses around mold, asbestos, lead, hazardous materials and in promoting overall healthy homes. Learn more about our different accredited certification programs today.
- EEA is accredited by the New York State Department of Health under approval from the USEPA. All initial courses include practical exercises and conclude with a written exam. Those who complete training have 45 days to apply to the NYS Department of Labor for certification.
- Certification specific refreshers are required annually.
- EEA is accredited by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Section 402. All initial courses include practical exercises and conclude with a written exam.
- Those who complete lead abatement worker, supervisor, inspector and risk assessor certification training have six months to apply to the USEPA for certification. Lead abatement supervisor, inspector and risk assessor must pass a third party exam.
- Certification specific refresher courses are required every three years.
- EEA is accredited under the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) Mold Program to present the initial and refresher training programs. Effective January 1, 2016, mold abatement workers, mold abatement supervisors, mold remediation contractors and mold assessors must complete accredited training, pass an in-course written examination and apply for a state license.
- Licensing is issued through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to individual workers, worker-supervisors, contractors and assessors. The contractor application is filed by an authorized representative on behalf of the organization, and proof of the employers disability, workers compensation and firm liability insurance coverage is required.
- A refresher course is required every two years. Mold abatement workers, mold abatement supervisors, mold remediation contractors and mold assessor can attend the refresher together.
- In partnership with THE NATIONAL HEALTH COMES TRAINING CENTER and THE NEW ENGLAND GROUP/UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS LOWELL
- For those seeking to integrate healthy homes principles into residential, child-occupied and other properties. The Training Center offers a mixture of training courses designed to address specific audiences or challenges. Every training course takes a holistic approach that emphasizes the key elements of a healthy home: Keep It Dry, Keep It Clean, Keep It Pest-Free, Keep It Ventilated, Keep It Safe, Keep It Contaminant-Free and Keep It Maintained.
- Developed to satisfy federal hazardous materials training requirements promulgated in US 29 CFR 1910.120, “HAZWOPER”
- Our OSHA safety compliance courses meet federal health and safety requirements. Trainers are certified through OSHA Construction and General Industry Outreach Program.
Contact Us Today
Contact the Environmental Education Associates team with any questions you may have about our various courses. Register today to earn your training program certification in lead, asbestos, mold or hazmat abatement, remediation and more.